Old 06-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Administrator
Admin

My Mood:
Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
ssssss669
Default Yelle - Brightest Young Things (Octobre 2008)

Old 06-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Administrator
Admin

My Mood:
Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
ssssss669

En plus, l'interview en anglais:

I’m not sure if your album is available in the states yet, but I do believe that most of your fans in the states heard about you through MySpace. Do you think that the use of MySpace and social networking is more important than the physical sale of albums?
Yes, it’s available in the USA! Astralwerks is my label here! But to answer your question, Myspace is now ultra important, everybody spends their time on the internet!

What is your daily routine like when you’re on tour?
Well, my first tour in the US was the one we organized around Coachella festival. I don’t have really a routine. I am just trying to eat well, not too many hamburgers! But I like to adapt myself to the countries we play in; it’s nice to change habits.

Would you mind explaining your beef with the group TTC? Most of our readers have never heard of them, and one of your breakout songs “Je Veux Te Voir” is directed towards them.
TTC is a French rap group, with kind of fun “pimp” lyrics. My song, “Je Veux Te Voir,” is an answer to those kinds of lyrics. (But it’s done) in a funny way. There’s no real diss.

Who are your influences? I’ve read that you really like Rage Against the Machine.
I love and I still love a lot of different music. Yes, RATM was one of my favorite bands, and GrandMarnier is a RATM fan number one. But my mind is open to everything, hardcore and folk included!

When I was living in Paris, I used to frequent a bar called Truskel (located on Rue Feydeau, near the Grand Boulevards metro). Have you ever been there? I think it would be funny if I’d bumped into pre-fame.
I have never been to Truskel but I kind of know what that club is about because Gros, my friend and PR, used to go there several times a month.

What is your favorite bar in Paris, then?
My favorite bar is not in Paris but in St Brieuc, it’s called the 1701.

I wrote a criticism of Justice’s “Stress” a few months ago. Do you believe that they deliberately placed racist imagery into that video?
Mmm, I know what Justice wanted to do with that video, I know them a bit, it’s all about aesthetic and provocation, like their logo. I don’t like that video at all, they are using codes they don’t know, just so they can feel like bad boys. I prefer when they do what they know best, illustrations.

How do you explain the growing popularity of French electronic music in Anglophone countries?
I think France is well situated between German techno, English pop, and American production, maybe France is that roundabout!

What kind of stuff do you usually request on your pre-show rider?
Kinder Country, San Pelegrino, and a good bottle of red wine !!

What do you miss most about France?
I miss my family and my dog. And baguettes!