Go Back   OH YELLE > OH YELLE "ENGLISH" > Yelle Concert Information

Old 09-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Premium Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
ssssss155
Default Yelle @ Club Bahnhof Ehrenfeld, Cologne

Last night was insane (again!), because Yelle played Club Bahnhof Ehrenfeld in Cologne/ Germany. We arrived an hour early and bumped into GM and Tepr in front of the venue and introduced us to them. They did remember us from last year's concert in Brussels/ Belgium. At the show, we stood front row (again!) danced, sung along and got to enjoy every song of "Safari Disco Club" (except "Le grand saut"). They also performed "Qui est cette fille", "Cooler Couleur", "Ce jeu", "Je veux te voir" and finished with "A cause des garçons". The crowd went wild! After the show, Julie, Tanguy and Jean-Francois came frontstage to meet their fans. First, we've got to talk to Jean-Francois and Tepr and I got the booklet of "Safari Disco Club" signed. I was very calm and it felt like talking to friends. Julie did remember us as well; she even knew, that it took us four hours to get to Brussels last year in order to see them perform and that we're living in Cologne. Oh, what a night!!!

Old 09-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
ssssss700
Send a message via MSN to pauloSandar

You've been to two concerts in less than one year's time, haven't you? Now I feel even sadder for missing her Spanish shows
Did they play more new songs? You mention Le grand saut, but they said they would add Chimie Phyisique and Mon Pays.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:36 AM

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
ssssssss5

They are really good about remembering people, which is awesome. Earlier this year, I saw them in NY and Chicago and met them both times afterwards, and when we saw them in Chicago they remembered our names.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Premium Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
ssssss155

@pauloSandar Yes, I saw them in Brussels past November and a couple of days ago in Cologne. They played every song of their current "Safari Disco Club" album, with an exception of "Le grand saut". Have you seen them perform live, yet?

@awkward Turtle That's great. did you get a picture taken with all three of them? Or an autograph? How big are the venues, Yelle were playing in New York and Chicago? Are they very well known over there?
Old 09-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
ssssss700
Send a message via MSN to pauloSandar

That's cool! I thought you just didn't like Le grand saut
No, I've never seen them playing live: if the show is not very far away, I'm not old enough; if I'm old enough, it's too far away. I think I'll have to wait until I'm 18 (and probably own a car).

Last edited by pauloSandar; 10-13-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 AM

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
ssssssss5

Not all three, Tepr didn't come out either night, but we got a picture with Yelle in NY (GM was busy tweeting about the concert when the pic was taken, so he wasn't in it). We also got our shirts signed in NY by Yelle and GM and the cover of their record signed in Chicago.

The clubs in both places were smaller, more intimate clubs, which was pretty awesome. They could only fit a few hundred. We were really close to the stage in NY and in Chicago we were actually right up front
Old 09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

My Mood:
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
ssssss164

Yeah, the Chicago show was the best! They all knew me when I went up, even Julien Tiné! It was cool, they chatted with me and took a bunch of pictures. LOTS of energy during that show, soooo sweaty. I got to hold onto GM's sweaty shoulder....*faint* he's so handsome!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Premium Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
ssssss155

@awkward Turtle Yes, it is awesome that Yelle are still playing small and intimate clubs, instead of huge venues. As much as I would love them to become even more popular than they already are, I am really happy, that we, as fans, are able to get so close to them during their shows and afterwards. I wouldn't want this to change, would you?

@Spanks The energy during their shows is incredible. I have been to many shows of different artists throughout the past years, but there's nothing to compare with when it comes to energetic performances. Yelle are phenomenal!